December 24, 2005

Fear the Lord and the king my son, and do not join with the rebellious, for those two will send sudden destruction upon them and who knows what calamities they can bring? Proverbs 24:21-22

Here we come a Caroling....

Bonnie asked me last night while we were out serenading the town:

"What is it like to have a name that can be used as a verb? I mean no one goes, Bonnie-ing!"


Such a heavy burden, I know, but I deal with it.

The temps here have been SO warm, in the 40-50's!!! Wow, lets go swimming or something quick before the lake freezes over again.... oh wait, there is still a little ice, maybe we could chop a hole and jump in.

I read an article last night which was dealing with where your passion is. What consumes your day and your thoughts? Does your heart overflow with praise to the Lord willingly or are you giving just lip service? Does your life reflect what you say? Are actions backing up your words? The games, the TV, and trivial pursuits, the 'fluff' activities we do, what eternal value do they have? Will we be ashamed when we see the Lord face to face?

It is interesting to think about and a good opportunity to examine your motives and thought life.

It also spoke about the doctrine (or lack of!) in Praise and Worship songs. He compared "I Love you Lord" chorus with the song "Oh How I Love Him" (to the tune, O Solo Mio). Quite a contrast.

Speaking of hymns, the words to this one have spoken to me many a times...

When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died,
My richest gain I count but lose and pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it Lord that I should boast, save in the death of Christ my God,
All the vain things that charm me most I sacrifice them to His blood.


Well, I suppose I should go eat supper...concert tonight!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: