May 11, 2008

Just so I'd be keeping my word here....I said I’d be back to blogging in May and back I am!

The last few months have been full of interesting lessons and lots of thing have happened! I didn’t complete drop off the blogging world but kept our new family site updated, as you all know already. www.macdonaldfamily.blogspot.com I will continue to blog there, hopeful with some guest blogging by Bonnie in the future.

I wanted to have a new banner finished by now….that is not happening yet.

On the material/ministry tool side of my life, I’m camera-less. : ( Hey, now. Do I hear my family cheering the background?! : P jk! Maybe they are just cheering because I’m going to buy a better camera finally?! Anyway, I’ve lost both my cameras, one to a thief and the other had enough and shorted out. Is this God’s way of telling me it’s time to stop procrastinating and decide which SLR to buy, or what?! :D I’m actively sifting through pages and PAGES of camera information and lenses on-line. Some the decisions include, Canon or Nikon, how many different lenses, which ones, name brand lens with nice glass or hundreds of $$ less brand, IS or no IS?, is f/1.8 essential, 200 telephoto or 300, a separate macro lens?, etc., etc., etc! Ugh. I will be so happy to be have this shopping over with. : ) If anyone has a good recommendation for an SLR I’m open to suggestions. In the meantime, I’ll post photos taken previously.

Now, today is Mother’s Day. Last year I decided I didn’t think Mother’s Day was deserving of special observance. After all, I should be honoring my mom all year long…blah blah blah. Well, I changed my mind. Mothers are in fact, vital to the Biblical family structure which flies in the face of this world today with it‘s ideas and principles. So. : ) I will proudly observe Mother’s Day.

Our annual Mother’s Day picture is, um, non existent. I guess we’ll have to make up for it some other time.

Till next time…

When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2 NIV

No comments: