November 06, 2009


My first post of November is this post. It probably won't be my last. No.

I've been processing some wool fleece. It was desperately trying my patience as it has more straw and VM (veg matter) entangled in it then a bale of hay. LOL Just seems like it. But, I'm trying to decide how to make everything go a little faster. An ounce or two at a time is just ridiculous for the time I'm spending.




The wool prior to entering the mesh bag.



That's my pot all wrapped with a towel and a lid to keep the heat. The lid was amazing. The water temp was about 160 down to 143ish. The key is to keep the water temperate. Drastic drops will cause felting.



The mound of loveliness at the end.

Time consuming? Yes. We need to figure out a better method for washing.


~


We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.


Isaiah 53:6 niv

No comments: