January 06, 2014

24 weeks

Wow. 24 weeks along. Already? Last time I knew to the minute (ok, not exactly) how far along I was. I keep having to refer to the marked calendar for this new blessing #2. Looking forward to our first midwife visit this afternoon and then heading north Wednesday for a visit to my parents for them to see Joanna. 


So excited about the new baby. Boy, girl? 
Who will he/she look like or take after? What natural skills will this child have? What will the child grow to be?
Even as I look forward, this child will most likely never meet my grandfather who is bedridden and dying. Our singing trips were a highlight and something for him to look forward to. With that gone I think he's lost the will to live.
~

Be Holy ] Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 
1 Peter 1:13 NIV


No comments: