July 07, 2009

Lunch is over. The dishes are done. Laundry is on the line (under the porch). It's threatening to rain. We actually had 5 days in a row in which we saw the sun. Praise the LORD. This is major break through. Hallelujah. Dad didn't believe me when I said there was a verse about it being pleasant to see the sun. He reminded me of Psalm 133 instead. You can go look that up. But here's the sun verse:

Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun.
Ecclesiastes 11:7 niv

Amen and amen.

Anyway, I can't go out and weed and so before I go off to Hazel's today and rush back to make pizza for my hungry masses I'm in charge of here's the reason the police chopper was circling over head Sunday night. Please be in pray for the family of Devin Wright, an 11 year old girl who fell into the river less than a mile from our home. You can find the news story here. Our prayers are with her family during this heartbreaking time. : (



This is another reminder of how fragile life is. No one knows how long they have left. Meet your maker before you have to.


Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James 4:14 niv

No comments: