April 10, 2007

I’m sitting here listening to the MacDonald Family Singers sing and play “Come Thou Fount” for the third time. :D Oh yeah! Mr. W, studio engineer, sent us his mix down of the song tonight! This is the first time we’ve heard the studio mix. Ahhh. All the hard work starts to pay off when you hear a semi-finished project. :) Every Saturday we make an hour a trip (one way) and record. We’ve gone on weeks nights a few times, too. We’re looking at about 6-7 more songs to put down before we can stop recording for this album. Then the fun of mix down begins!

I sure haven’t done much updating since we’ve been home. :P Well, it’s been cold, that’s for sure. My previous post showed the lovely snow we got. We’re scheduled for more on Thursday!? But, I say it could be worse; it could be May and snowing. My dad pointed out May is only a few weeks away. Hmm.

I actually started a new quilting project! I know I shouldn’t be starting a new projects before I finish old (non-quilting) ones BUT the huge stack of fabrics I bought on this trip was calling out ‘Cut me! Sew me!” :-P I consoled myself with the fact I was working on my ’list of things I want to do in my lifetime’ by started this ‘big’ quilt. ; )

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have a white border, multi colored strip border and more white to add before I’m completely done with the top. Finished size is suppose to be a twin size. I learned some valuable lessons on this quilt. For instance, when you alternate light/dark squares in a nine patch you should stick with that combination. Otherwise you’ll end up with blocks sticking out. Uh huh. See the four blocks? :)

My laptop was delivered to Best Buy this evening. That is a good thing, I hope. Shortly after we returned home Bonnie and her entourage of tech friends started working on it. We were able to save everything off the hard drive! YAY! All my pictures are saved. :pleased: Today she got in touch with Sony inquiring about restore disks and they informed her they do not make restore disk. :-/ So, anyway, they thought it something that Best Buy needs to look at anyway. I guess we’ll find out!

I’ll close this out with some photos of the guys. We took these for the sorely outdated website bio pages. My sincere apologies to those with dial-up!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: