February 19, 2007

I must have started this post 4 or 5 times. Nothing sounded good for an opening statement. : P

I’ll start with Thursday night…. (That sounds SO orginal...*rolleyes*)

We had the Pederson’s over….you can find some of there blogs here, here, and here. :-) We had a nice time of fellowship over spaghetti and meatballs. Afterward we had a jam. And, it had nothing to do with traffic though in the house it was slightly crowded with 21 people. ;-)

Katie, Anna, and Bonnie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We had fun being with you guys! Thanks for coming!

On Friday night we went to a play, a musical actually. Now, I had been to one other musical play in the recent past and it wasn’t good. Bonnie and I had to stifle laugher almost constantly. This play was MUCH better. It was fun to see some of the people we knew in the ‘star’ roles. ;-) Mom had a really bad headache, which she’d been struggling all day with, but she managed to come with us anyway.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was about the life of Pocahontas, hence there were a lot of folks dressed up like, um, Indians! The lighting was horrible and I couldn’t use a flash. (Although, it went off accidentally once. Vincent who was sitting next to me nearly died of embarrassment, I almost did, too actually. :-P)
I fooled with the shutter speed and got very few keepers, but I thought this was a good learning experience anyway. Low lighting is hard.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The company (several families of 8) invited by our host family all canceled out for the Saturday cookout. : ( We had a good time anyway with Mrs. F’s people from work, who spoke Spanish (and English)! We did have quite a bit of leftover food though..:-P

I don’t have any pictures of Saturday since, um, well, I didn’t feel like taking any. I don’t know what’s come over me. My shutter bug disease must be in remission. :-P JK! Mrs. F got some, I haven’t asked her for them yet.

Sunday, oh wow, that’s today! We had a great time over in El Campo. One of the other groups had a sick person so they canceled. The other group was the BAILEY FAMILY! We’re so excited about spending a week and a half with them. They are super good at pickn’!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We did a full concert and it was taped. So, now we get to look at it and cringe over ourselves, at least I can. :-P LOL.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My favorite picture of Vincent…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We have just five weeks and possibly one day until we return home to the great white north, which we hope isn't so white when we return!

No comments: