August 20, 2007


I’m remembering the ‘other’ things I wanted to blog about!

I guess for those in the city this is a no big deal type thing but for our little town to have a BANK ROBBERY is pretty big news. :-P Yes, we had a bank robbery in little Orange. To my knowledge they have not caught the man with ’curly dark hair’ who made his escape heading north through the cemetery in our neighborhood.

And, of very recent happenings, there was a stabbing in our neighbor hood on the 16th. There were three persons involved, two doing the stabbing and one getting stabbed. I just looked at the paper and the perpetrators photos. It’s surreal when you actually recognize persons wanted!!! Anyway, the police were there at the house all night and they taped off the area until investigators arrived the next day.

__________________________________________________

I had a nice 23rd birthday. Thanks to everyone for leaving birthday notes!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Two cakes. :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Reading a card from my grandparents…

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Daniel warned me not to knock this gift around…

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wasn’t that a cute idea. ;-)
___________________________________________________

I want to say life is totally lovely and I never feel bad about things that happen …but it wouldn’t be true. I’m learning to lean on Jesus more and more through rough times. I was reading Psalm 29 and I was greatly encouraged, my God is able to anything.

Ascribe to the LORD, O mighty ones,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
worship the LORD in the splendor of his [a] holiness.
The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
the God of glory thunders,
the LORD thunders over the mighty waters.
The voice of the LORD is powerful;
the voice of the LORD is majestic.
The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars;
the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.
He makes Lebanon skip like a calf,
Sirion [b] like a young wild ox.
The voice of the LORD strikes
with flashes of lightning.
The voice of the LORD shakes the desert;
the LORD shakes the Desert of Kadesh.
The voice of the LORD twists the oaks [c]
and strips the forests bare.
And in his temple all cry, "Glory!"
The LORD sits [d] enthroned over the flood;
the LORD is enthroned as King forever.
The LORD gives strength to his people;
the LORD blesses his people with peace.

When you feel alone, when you feel like you’re weak, when everything feels like it’s out of your control, or you’ve spent a day or two weeping, remember, God is on your side if you continue to walk with Him. His strength WILL be your joy. If we really believe the Lord is the creator and truly know that our God is all powerful why don’t we trust Him to change what needs to be changed and fix what seems broken beyond repair?

Another verse which was given to me which gave me hope was Romans 8:37

No, in all these things we are more then conquerors through him who loved us.

No comments: