December 29, 2005

An evil man is snared by his own sin, but a rightous one can sing and be glad. Proverbs 29:6

I'm positively giddy. The rain is melting all the snow!! And it's warm! (Sorry...I keep harping on the weather....I should find something else to blog about.....)

We talked about time this morning in devotions and how much time we waste, and what constructive things we should fill with our time so as not to waste it. So, in an effort to find our where all MY time is going I wrote down, everything I did, from right after devotions till supper. I was amazed at how much faster I went from one job to the next when I knew I was going to be able to look back on my chart and say, 'I just spent an hour deciding which job to do next, that was dumb.' Then I got to thinking. God know exactly how I spend my time. Not just today either when I was consciously working at spending it wisely, but yesterday, last week, last month, last year, and all the years of my life. It's all been recorded. Now the Bible speaks about giving an account for every idle word. (Matt. 12:36) How about time spent being idle?

Proverbs 10:4
Proverbs 12:24
Hebrews 6:12

No comments: