March 14, 2006

It might as well be spring…….

Proverbs 14:23
All hard works bring a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.



I know it’s been a week since I’ve posted. Mostly because I want to save you all from wading through countless paragraphs of my daily life. We’re settling back to ‘normal’, whatever that is. Is normal a good word? Maybe we’re just getting back to a less hectic schedule… I’m enjoying the quiet refuge of my room after 9:00 PM and trying for the millionth time to clean my closet, a never ending task. Someday soon I hope to beat it!

I’m ecstatic that my thumb is well enough to play violin again. Yes!

Image hosting by Photobucket

By now most of you have probably heard about the death of Anthony Burger, piano player extraordinaire for the Gaither music videos. It reminds me how mortal we all are. A total shocker I know, but really, someone so young, so active to be gone just like that is a jolt of reality. It could have been any of us. He died at the piano; what a way to go! Trivia tid bit; the piano part for Amazing Grace Medley of our album was arranged by Anthony Burger and recorded with permission.

What a beautiful day we had today! I’m going to remember this day tomorrow when it gets cold. I know spring can’t stay away forever. Our neighbor, Donnie, put it quite well [paraphrased] ‘Spring and fall are my favorite seasons, it’s too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter’. That’s a good summery. Spring is good; however mud is not. : p

I was reading Exodus last night and was marveling at the power of God. All those plagues, and Pharaoh time and time again refusing to let God’s people go. I was also struck by how important Passover must have been to the Hebraic people. That whole story is a wonderful example of God’s great power. How awesome would that have been to see the waters part…..

Psalm 66:5-7
Come and see what God has done, how awesome His works in man’s behalf!
He has turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot--come, let us rejoice in Him.
He rules forever by His power, His eyes watch the nations--let not the rebellious rise up against Him.

Exodus 15:11
Who among the gods is like you O LORD? Who is like you-- majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?

No comments: