January 21, 2007

January 19

This quite possibly been the most seam-less transition from ‘home’ to ‘road’ life, at least for me. This morning it felt perfectly normal to be speeding along at 50mph whilst eating cereal and milk. :-) I like the road. This trip is like an empty page yet to be filled, a song yet to be sung, a concert yet to be made - who knows what could happen!

We pulled out of the driveway last night at 7:10 pm. (For anyone who prefers real time, you may translate that to 1910 hours) But, let me go back to earlier in the day if you would. (Not like you have much choice. Haha.) Our neighbor, unknown to us before his house caught fire, came with our other neighbor (Hi Mrs. T!) with lunch! A tremendous blessing it was as we were able to work until we actually ’called’ lunch. They helped us move/load the trailer and wash the refrigerators out, too. You both were and are a blessing to us! Thank you!

We weren’t without trials to be sure. A few examples; the van brakes decided to go (no one was hurt, thankfully!), the dyer broke, and we lost the GPS for a while. The Lord is faithful and provided a way out. We used the lawn tractor to move the trailer, the bus dryer still worked and the GPS was located! There were some problems with the trailer lights, too, but Vincent, my very talented brother, fixed them. : D What would we do with out you, bro?

Today was fairly uneventful. We are getting our “sea legs” back and trying to find everything that was packed. It’s amazing how much can get ’misplaced’ in such a small space. : P I think it also as to do with the fact that more then one person packed. The familiar strain of ‘where did you put -fill in the blank- ?‘ could be heard today.

It was snowing when we left and the bus was covered in salt today when we pulled into Flying J in New Jersey. We started to wash it off, but it usually takes a while to remove all of it. The weather seemed to be nice enough in the 30’s with white clouds and blue sky. Right now I’m not seeing any of it because it’s dark. ;-)

Psalm 139 has encouraged me recently. Whenever I feel uneasy and uncertain of what will fill the page of this trip or the pages of my life I’m encouraged in the fact God knows all about me and what He has planned for me and my family.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!” Psalm 139:15-17 NIV

January 20

Place - Flying J (North Carolina)
Time - 8:50 am

YAY! We have running water and no Wifi. Good and *sniff* sad.

We left the J and took hot showers. That felt nice. :-)

We arrived at Lowell First Baptist Church around 11:00am. Pastor Irish has been calling us for weeks and had already made us feel welcome. One thing I fail to report is that Peter lost his black dress shoes Friday. He was searching minutes before we left the house. We thought no problem, we’ll just stop at a Salvation Army and pick some up. Pastor Irish wouldn’t hear of it and took Peter shoe shopping.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They have these cool mirrors on the wall and well, I couldn't resist. ;-)

The first store didn’t have the pair he liked in his size so we zipped over to the other shoe store and he found a nice comfortable pair in his size.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mom and the pastor went in and ordered 18 hamburgers and while they there doing that Mike, our driver, taught us how to speak some real southern lingo. Anyone care to guess what a ‘cold dope, a box of squares in a poke’ is? :-D

The church took us out to Ryan’s Buffet before the concert, two hours before to be exact. The food was delicious and the key lime pie was very tasty. I only wish it hadn’t put me to sleep….haha. Not really, but I was very tired singing that night! The parking lot was filling up by the time we returned at 6:40pm. The church was PACKED by 7:00pm. The church had done a very good job advertising!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The concert went ok, not terrific. :-P

The church gave us another ‘food pounding’, thankfully it was smaller than last time. But, still we have food in bags all over the place. This is good problem, right!? :-)

January 21st

The sound of the bus starter helped jar me awake the morning. Silence. Dad tries cranking again. Silence. Eventually, after a few more tries it starts. I’m asking Vincent what happened. He’s mumbling something I don’t understand. Ok. Anyway, it started! Funny, how you can picture concerts being canceled and the tour ending over that. ;-)

We’re in the church parking lot and all the stuff is set up for this morning. They have wireless but you need a network key to access anything. Will this be the third day without access? I guess we’ll find out!

We just went out to CiCi's and the parking lot here has WiFi. YAY!

No comments: