October 16, 2006

Bonnie said we’ve sung 10 times in 9 days. God certainly is faithful. Saturday afternoon/night I was feeling strangely exhausted. I was sure I was catching Hannah’s cold or the other sickness that was floating around. Save for Bonnie and Nathan we’re all feeling under the weather. Perhaps we caught something singing out doors in 32 degree weather? That was interesting and an experience I would not like to repeat in the near future.

So what have we been doing besides singing? On Monday we visited Mammoth Cave National Park which has the longest cave ever discovered! It was remarkable! I’ve never really been in a cave before so this was so different than the norm sightseeing trip. We only went through ¼ mile of it. The temperature was 55 degrees and it stays like that year round. They turned the lights out for a minute or two. It was sooo very dark!! You couldn’t see your hand in front of your face. It gives me a huge respect for spelunkers!! And, no, I’m not considering a career in spelunking I just respect those who do.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The ceiling….
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was not very good at getting pictures in the low lighting so I've not posted a lot of the pictures...:-P

Bonnie and I have been buying fabric from our new very favorite store called Whittle. You know how guys like tool stores? Well, Whittle is the tool store equivalent for females, only we’re shopping for fabric not tools. : D

Before our final goodbye to the Myers we started arm wrestling…after several games of Dutch Blitz of course. 

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The house is progressing nicely…
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(Reply to Mandy - Yes, it is on the same street.)

We have been playing a lot of volleyball. I’m so spoiled after playing in a gym. :-P No wind, sun, uneven surfaces…ahhh. We played until 12:30am one morning…:-o

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Until next time….

P.S. Sorry about the uneven picture sizes! :-P

No comments: