October 11, 2006

Last night my family went to jail. Thankfully, they let us back out again. :-)

It was a very low security jail, no barbed wire, no metal detectors, at least not that we had to go through.. We unloaded our equipment at the door and waited to be brought into the ‘courtyard’, supposedly outdoors. Wow. It was a cement box with screen on the top It sure helps you appreciate your own freedom more when you see how these men live

I wasn’t sure what to expect since I’d been warned this could be an extremely rude audience. When all 18 of them filed in wearing orange I started getting nervous. I asked the Lord for help and He gave me a peace. Turns out they all were very polite and appreciative. And miracles of miracles, Vincent actually volunteered to speak!! I was so happy! He gave a Ray Comfort style message talking about the law and that none of us have kept the 10 commandments and we are all guilty of sin and God will judge us accordingly. He used the illustration that in civil law you might be able to get away with some things but God sees all things, even what you think. But some of you are saying ‘but God is a forgiving God, He’ll just forgive me.’ The only way to be forgiven is through Jesus Christ. “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in HiM should not perish but have everlasting life.’ John 3:16 NIV


The jail allowed us to give cds to be held for the prisoners to be given to them upon release.

It certainly was an experience I won’t forget for a very long time…an excellent reminder to pray for those in prison.

Edit: We went back to jail tonight. :) I don’t have time to respond to comments tonight….we’re in the middle of Dutch Blitz and we're suppose to be in bed in about 2 minutes. : D Our last night... :(

No comments: