October 10, 2006

What an eventful weekend! I said something about it going to be a busy Sunday in my last post. It sure was that, and tiring!

I’ll pick up again on Sunday morning….

We left the Overholts and headed over to Bowling Green, Kentucky. The pastor let us in and Mr. Overholt helped us unload. We were about done with our sound check when little Ethan O. got his finger caught in the van door hinge! The took him to the hospital and got 6 or 7 stitches. Poor little guy! He was such a trooper and by the night service he was showing off his bandage. Keep him in prayer if you think of him.

The service was so awesome that morning. The presence of the Lord was so strong and sweet. As one of the songs we sing says ’All is vain unless the Spirit of the Holy One comes down.’ How true that is. We can sing until we’re blue in the face and say everything we know to say but unless the Holy Spirit is there we’re helpless to touch lives.

I was struggling with something today connected with this weekend and asking the Lord to keep me from getting discouraged. That struggle combined with being very tried wasn’t a fun combination. My prayer tonight is that the Lord would direct my steps today, tomorrow, the next day, the day after that and forever. The Lord is still working, I’m sure of that. Even if I don’t have all the answers I can trust and rest in Him and in His plan for my life. I’m so thankful for the Word of God and how He directs us to verses and speaks to us through them. The Lord is faithful and He does work through and in all circumstances.

After the service we ate a lovely lunch with the folks from church.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Don’t you just love group pictures. : D

After church a few of the Vanhorn children road with us over to Ross and Teresa’s house. They just happen to be their neighbors. :-) T&R have a really skinny driveway, trees on both sides, and a cattle guard right at the entrance. I don’t know what we’d do with our dad’s excellent driving/parking skills. :-) T&R fed us a wonderful Italian meal - at our third meal of the day. :-) Bonnie tried out some guitars and we visited with everyone including the long horn cows they keep.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

T cooks like my grandmom. :-)


We had to say goodbye and headed off to Grove City Baptist Church. The Overholts came and again helped us set up. God bless you guys!

We’re were done with our set they asked for two on encores. The pastor then asked us if we would sing on their radio program which was coming on in about 5 minutes and at their Christian school the next morning. (Some of us were totally shocked. :-)) It was funny singing the same songs over again to the ‘same’ audience over. Afterward we all lined up and everyone shook our hands. They invited us out to Denny’s to eat. Our fourth meal of the day didn’t arrive until 10:00pm

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Isn‘t Matthew clever? :-)

Nathan and older (minus parents) stayed up until 12:30am playing volleyball with the Randolph’s and their friend Jessica in the gym we were gong to sing in the next day. The gym was so much fun to play in! No wind, sun, or uneven ground! I was sooo tired though… *yawn* My little birdie alarm clock went off early and I got up at 7:00am. It took me a while to actually wake up; I was so tried still! We sang for about 170 students and teachers. The pastor was there also and invited us back to the church and school again. We lined up again and shook hands with almost all the students. We probably shook more hands that weekend then any other weekend. :-)

We packed up and said goodbye and headed back to E-town to do some building work with the Myers family. Tonight we’re scheduled to sing at “Jonathan’s Jail”. This will be the first time we’ve ever sung in a prison. We’ll let you know how it goes.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Weekend pictures

Jessica, Bonnie and me after the concert on Monday morning.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Hi Jessica!)

I should have blogged this last week - has anyone had squirrel before? They said it tasted like chicken. : P I decided not to have any after I saw all the hair on the meat still.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The Myers and MacDonald girls right before they left for the Whistle Stop to celebrate Bonnie’s birthday last week.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Progress on the house we’ve been working on….
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We have more done but I'll save that for another time...

No comments: