August 04, 2005

I'm looking at the date of my last post. Wow.

We had a wonderful time on our trip south. Virginia was great! Before visiting on relatives we stopped at a state beach on the VA Bay, right near the Bay Bridge Tunnel. It was cloudy and even rained a bit while we watched the tide come in and watched some friendly looking dolphins swim near by. That was neat. I've never seen dolphins so close in person, I got a few pictures from the shore. The kids insisted they could hear the dolphins 'talking' under water. Very cool.

The family reunion was so fun! The second day was really fun with a game of keep away in the pool. Food and fellowship was great. (Hello to Megan and all the cousins!)

Next, off to two concerts on Sunday. They both went well. Even though we unloaded and loaded in the rain for the morning concert. We got to see old friends and make some new ones. God bless y'all! Auntie Val and family got to see us in the morning concert. She seemed quite concerned that Vincent wasn't smiling. LOL She should have been at the night concert. Vincent nearly ruined some of the scripture songs because he was laughing! (I won't tell them why Scott.) We had a great time after the concert jamming with some people. We lingered there talking for a while.

Dad then ferried us over to northern VA to visit my grandparents. My grandparents are celebrating their 50th Anniversary this month! Congratulations to them! While we were there visiting we installed a brand new counter top. Spiffy looking. We split wood for four hours straight. While I was stacking the split wood I got stung by a mad bee on my left pointer finger. Ouch. After we finished the wood I jumped in the bus for a cold shower. I can't remember the last time a cold shower felt that good. I can't imagine having to work out doors in the south for a long period of time. Brutal. Mom was almost convinced I had heat stroke, because my pulse was so high. I think everyone was a little spent. Uncle Rob and the kids went down to the lake to cool off. The lake was a little too dirty looking for me. I suppose I could have gone in. But, I really don't like the idea of touching some slimy unknown object at the bottom of this lake.
Someone is bumping me off the computer. : )
To be continued.......

No comments: