December 23, 2006

Proverbs 23:12 Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.

I did a little rearranging on the blog template. You may not even notice the changes. Hopefully I didn't do anything damaging. : P I sure wish I knew more about HTML. I've been thinking of designing a whole new page but, other things are higher on the priority list. I'm thinking, something like a dark chocolate border with an off white page with an elegant black font. Oh, and a photo montage with scripture at the top. I know....if it ever gets done it might be a minor miracle!

Last year I posted a paper my grandfather wrote about Christmas. It's a longer read and worth it if you seriously want to learn about the roots.

My family doesn't celebrate Christmas. At least, not in the 'normal' way. We don't do trees, the gift exchange, or Santa. We focus on what we do throughout the year, giving to people who can't give back. Our concert on Monday morning at the nursing home we count a privilege, as we do every concert. Because we were there maybe someone will stop and think about the real reason Christ came when we point not only to the manger but also to the cross and Jesus‘ ultimate sacrifice. Perhaps something will be stirred in their soul as they hear strains of the familiar songs speaking of the Lord's birth sung by a family, in the world of broken families, of one that is together. The witness of a family together serving the Lord is, sadly, not often seen. When they reflect back, in quietness of their own hearts, I pray the words of the scripture songs come back to them and the Holy Spirit will convict them of sin and their need for the Savior. We plant the seeds and the Lord gives the increase. Praise and thanks be to the King immortal, invisible, the only true God forever and ever.

Psalm 96:5-6 For all the God's of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens. Splendor and majesty are before Him, strength and glory are in His sanctuary.

No comments: