June 28, 2005

We had an 'oasome' (or awwwsome, just think New York). Gotta love those accents. Several things I learned on this trip. Number 1 - make up on a wrinkly, dried up, sweating face does not look good. Don't do it. Two, jean minis are in. Ugh. Three, I never want to live in Long Island. Too congested. Quite a few of our relatives speak Italian, which is very neat. We've learned a few words since my grandfather has come to live with us, but nothing to use in conversation. We started the day off with breakfast to order and New York Bagels! Those things are, excuse my New Englandishness, wicked good! I have to figure out how to make them like that....probably full of dough conditioners. We went to a nursing home that morning, which went off well. The only problem is the boys get way too relaxed in that kind of setting, which leads to mistakes we normally don't make. Back to the party for lunch...food, food, food and more food, all afternoon until 6:30 pm. In between all the food Bonnie got thrown into a pool (fully clothed I might add) and our family tied, with two other groups for the fava bean shelling contest. Vincent and I already had our names on the trophy so Bonnie and Peter were next in line. We headed home with more desserts than we had brought, Bonnie's death by chocolate cookies were all gone!! At least we were able to sample about half of the batch the day before. :) We spent a quiet but steaming hot night in the bus in NJ. We visited a parts bus in a parking lot with the intent of swapping some tires. BUT, the new ones had big holes in them, only visible after you remove them from the bus!!! Pain in the neck. We got some great deals on other parts so I can't complain too much. Then we're off to visit a family of ten in New Jersey. Nice people. We only got to meet three out of 10 in the family but it was still fun. Maybe we'll get to meet more of them someday. Back home Monday night....*yawn*. I had a reallly full day today catching up on all the work I missed. No bagels yet this week...I want to try pasta next. Too bad Bonnie used the pasta machine for clay! Oh well....


I'm glad so far everyone thinks this is an inaccurate test. I took it twice. I didn’t know if I pick fights over little things, so I asked my brother (probably the wrong person to ask) and he said yes. I don't think so. The other country I came up with was the UN. Wait, that's not even a country!!



You're France!

Most people think you're snobby, but it's really just that you're better than everyone else.  At least you're more loyal to the real language, the fine arts, and the fine wines than anyone else.  You aren't worth beans in a fight, unless you're really short, but you're so good at other things that it usually doesn't matter.  Some of your finest works were intended to be short-term projects.
Take the Country Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid




(I don't know what's up with this html, I can't get it to look right.)

Of course I took the animal test too....




You're a Peacock!

Always eager to impress others, you've spent a great deal of time working on your physical appearance. The result is that you do manage to impress some, but you're also very blue. You cover this sadness with an air of looking down your nose at others and even tend to strut about when in a crowd. Some people have trouble saying your name without giggling or at least smirking.


Take the Animal Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.




I hope both of these tests are inaccurate!!! Please don't tell me I'm like this.







No comments: