June 26, 2006

I seem to have this big writing block tonight. Life is never boring. That‘s for certain. But, somehow tonight I can’t seem to put anything in words. Blah. I’ve been told if you have a writing block you should just start writing….

Ok, here’s something…

I read this yesterday afternoon.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Cor. 13:4-7 NIV


And though I’ve sung it, read it, and memorized it for years some of it became SO alive to me for the first time. (And certainly convicting!) It is very interesting and amazing how circumstances change or situations arise and all of a sudden it can be applied in a way you didn’t know existed. So, God is awesome!

Now for the very boring stuff….(skip this if you have a life)

We had a band concert tonight. In fact, we had one Friday - in the rain! Thankfully we were protected from the weather by the lovely (?) white bandstand. Still, it’s not much fun to make music with a soggy oboe reed. (Not mention the fact I didn’t like the song selection!) The humidity really played havoc on the reed players that night. No reed = no worries?? Why couldn’t I have stuck to the flute?? lol Too late to lament that fact. Once they find out you can play oboe they’ve got ya for life. It’s kinda like the black hole. You will never come back …..mwahahah! I guess I should just be happy they want me and quit complaining. :-p Only, I know I’m going to have to start a regular practice schedule if I want to keep this up. My mouth was killing me. I did get a break on the last song because our dear conductor handed me the baton half way through the Washington Post March. I could have died! We had talked about surprising Bonnie with the job. I wasn’t expecting him to forget who we talked about! I guess the joke was on me…. But, anyway it was kinda fun. It was so different standing in the conductors place! You have all these eyes busily scanning the music and occasionally they look up and see you waving the little stick. Deep inside you wonder if everyone isn’t laughing. Ok. The music is in 6/8. Are we in cut time? Uh…. 1 2 3 4. I guess that works. Ignore the written music. Down, left, right, up. Ok…this feels right. Oh no… Will everyone please play a little softer? Thank you. OK…. now build. Hey, this is kinda fun. Oh NO! It’s going to end without me. Oops. So, I ended with the stick in the air. *phew* It’s over!!

I was going to work with some the pictures we took in NH but it seems they are all on Bonnie’s laptop which is not here right now. I guess all those with dial-up will be happy. ;-) No pics tonight!

For having a writing block I sure said enough….lol




Test me, O LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;
for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth.
Psalm 26:3 NIV

No comments: