June 07, 2006

Oh an update I shall write...

It's been a little while since I've had access to a computer for long enough to write anything substantial. Between paper work, a broken printer, deadlines, accidentally booking two concerts for the same time (!), and two 'big' concerts this weekend some of us have been a little stressed. Prayers for my dad as he deals with all this are appreciated. It's taken a toll on him physically.

I'm sitting here on the comfortable couch with Bonnie's laptop. It's dark and rainy outside and a mild, but cool spring wind reminds me that summer has not arrived in its fullness. But even through the gloomy skies and mist that covers the hills I can see God's hand at work. From the tiny droplets of water that cling to the delicate flowers and leaves, to the varied shades of grey in the sky, to the loveliness of mist on the green country side to the clean cool air I breathe; it all reminds me of the wonders of my God. It all points me to Him, the creator of the universe, who is awesome and deserving of all my praise. And again as I look the dense patches of fog which collects, shifts and dissipates illustrates that my tomorrow on this earth is not guaranteed, and neither is yours. Like a vapor is life, here today, gone in an instant. Indeed my very next breath is from Him.

Psalm 65:9-13
You care for the land and water it; you enrich it abundantly.
The streams of God are filled with water to provide the people with grain, for so you have ordained it.
You drench the furrows and level its ridges; you soften it with showers and bless its crops.



I've been thoroughly blessed this week by the hymn, Be Thou My Vision.

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me save that Thou art--
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I even with Thee and Thou with me Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son,
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always;
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heav'n's Sun
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

How many times do I get lost in my plans without seeking His guidance and will? How many times in a day do I experience His blessings and fail to give thanks? How many times do I jump ahead of Him only to have Him call me back? How many times have 'man's empty praise' filled my thoughts?

Oh Lord, be my vision always!


So, what better to keep the 'Vision' than to be in the Word and to pray without ceasing? The marvelous Words of Life from the Creator of heaven and earth can be found in a letter. A wonderful letter, called the Bible telling us and the world He did not spare His one and only Son, but rather sent Him as the sacrifice for you, and for me, that we might dwell with Him forever and ever and escape the fires of hell.

I talked about water early on in this post. Listen to what Jesus said here in John 4:14

"[B]ut whoever drinks the water I give will never thirst again. Indeed the water I give Him will become in Him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.

This started running through my head as I was writing this all down.

Romans 11:33-36
How the depth of the riches of His wisdom and knowledge of God!

How unsearchable His judgments and His paths beyond tracing out!

Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who as been His counselor?

Who has ever given to God that God should repay Him?

For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

To Him be the glory forever!

Amen.

No comments: